Some people will say nachos are not an Italian dish. Those people aren't Joe Sasto. Here is our take of Italian Tantos Nachos for when you're craving nachos but are feeling fancy and looking to impress some guests (or yourself).
16oz (1can) Northern White Beans
3oz guanciale, diced
1/4c carrot, chopped
1ea shallot, sliced
2cloves garlic, smashed
1tsp rosemary, chopped
3tb Olive oil
2 bags of Cacio e Pepe Tantos
salt, black pepper
- In a medium heat saute pan begin to render the diced guanciale and olive oil, slowly until golden and translucent.
- Drain the guanciale leaving the fat in the pan. (set the guanciale aside and use as garnish)
- Add the garlic, shallot, and carrot and cook until fragrant and translucent.
- Add the beans, rosemary and the canned liquid.
- Continue to cook until reduced by half.
- Place in a blender and puree to desired consistency.